Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Maliza May




This is our beautiful little girl Maliza May! She is absolutely wonderful! So we woke up at 3 am because guess who finally made up her mind and decided to come! We went to the hospital gitty and excited! The labor went so smooth! Contractions moved right along. The most dramatic part was Mark passing out on me after I had gotten my epidural! Seriously, the anesthesiologist was done and just taping me up when mark decided he couldn't take it anymore. It was a little scary seing him hit the floor. Mark said all he remembers is feeling light headed and thinking he better get to the couch. Well he woke up to the nurse saying "tell your wife you're ok" and he thought to himself, "I didn't make it to the couch, did I?" He has recovered, no worries. O just a piece of advice, husbands, don't be in the room when your wife gets an epidural! So things moved quickly and easily! I had absolutely no pain. Maliza was so determined to come that the nurse had to tell me to hold off or the baby will come on her own. The doc finally came in and Maliza was here in 3 short pushes!
Maliza May Griffiths
Born Tuesday, February 26th, 2008
6 lbs 2 oz
19 in
dark brown hair
eye color is still unknown
Maliza is so healthy and happy. She is gaining her wait and just gets cuter and cuter each day! I wish i could capture all of her cute faces she makes, such a personality! We love her so much and are so blessed to have such a gorgeous little one in our home. I love being a mom and Mark is such a good Dad! Her sweet little spirit is such a great blessing to us. We hope you can all meet her!

7 comments:

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...

Ah! cute baby! You are lucky to have a sweet family!

Shauna@shwinandshwin said...

Yes I want to come meet her!! She is so darling, and you look great! Congratulations!
Shauna

MDM EKINS said...

I still can't believe you passed out!!!!!!!

You're cool brother-in-law

-ME-

The Bluths said...

Ethan had to lay down on the ground when they broke my water with Logan. He left the room this time around :) She's gorgeous!

Whit said...

She is beautiful Mel. I miss having a class with you but you are a very cute mom. We should get together sometime and sdo something.
Whitney

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Hey Melanie, I don't know if you remember me. We used to work at Great Harvest together. Your baby is gorgeous. Congrats!

Jake and Chelsea said...

we have a blog now, so i can comment on how fantastic your beautiful new family is. we love you!